A better way to introduce change
BPAY Group is committed to making things easier and more transparent for our Members. To help us understand the challenges that Members face, we recently conducted research through our Customer Moments of Truth project and Partial Refunds Post Implementation Review.
In the area of Scheme change, we explored:
- how we might get the right information to the right people at the right time; and
- how we could better work together to implement technical and systems changes.
‘Knowing about change earlier’, was one of our findings. Members indicated that they would like access to relevant documentation and have more time to source funding and allocate resources accordingly.
Responding to change
In response to this learning, all changes that impact the BPAY Scheme will now fall into a bi-annual release (April and October).
Here are some of things you need to know:
- A release pack will be provided in April and October (six months prior to the release date) and will contain information for each of the initiatives. Depending on the initiative, the information provided will include:
- Overview, benefits and key dates
- Compliance and certification considerations
- Product standards and system specifications
- The first release pack is being provided in April 2019 (for the October 2019 release)
- Any changes to the BPAY Rules and Operating Procedures (BROP) will be aligned with the bi-annual release
Sneak peak – What can we expect to see in April?
The October 2019 Release Pack will contain the following items, with more information to follow shortly:
- Simplified Biller Agreement
- Extending Subsidiary Facilitation to Osko
- Scheme Pricing changes
- Annual Member Compliance Certification (AMCC) changes
- Osko Non-Compliance Charge Framework
- Osko changes for NPPA
- Enhancement to Osko for Person to Business (P2B) Reconciliation
- BPAY Payments APIs and Developer Portal
How will I receive this pack?
The October 2019 Release Pack (together with all supporting documentation) will be emailed out on 30 April 2019 and also made available on the BPAY Operations Portal.
What if I want to know more?
In May 2019, information sessions on the October 2019 Release will be held in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. Webinars will also be arranged subject to interest.
You can register your interest for the locations and webinar sessions.
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please email us.
BPAY Group is committed to improving our communication with Members. We encourage you to share your feedback on the Scheme Newsletter by completing this short survey.